School name changes

Any changes to schools’ names must be approved and registered with the Ministry of Education to ensure that stakeholders and agencies are using the correct name when referring to them or referencing them in communications or reports.
The Ministry's advice if your school board wants to change the name of your school (including adding macrons to the current name), is to talk with your education advisor. Your local Te Mahau team can support your board through the steps. 
Contact details for local offices – Ministry of Education